What We Do
Each class participates in three academic programs with Live It Learn It - one in each of our three Core Content areas. All Live It Learn It programs are designed and implemented to ensure that every student - regardless of skill level or learning style - walks away with a command of challenging new academic concepts, a far deeper understanding of the connection between schoolwork and the world around him/her, and a newfound level of excitement and inspiration about learning.
Principles of Live It Learn It’s Approach:
- Carefully structured academic trips bring learning to life.
- Rigorous classroom instruction, taught by skilled educators, provides academic framework.
- Colorful and engaging, standards-based curricular materials guide student learning.
- Emphasis on experiential learning and interdisciplinary instruction reaches students with all learning styles and skill levels.
- Pre- and post-assessments measure learning.
Core Components of Each Live It Learn It Unit:
(all provided by Live It Learn It educators)
- Pre-trip lesson provides foundational knowledge about academic concepts and core skills.
- Academic trip brings learning to life, deepens understanding, and demonstrates the connection between school and the broader world.
- Post-trip lesson reinforces, assesses, and extends student learning.
- In addition, Live It Learn It provides classroom teachers with carefully crafted critical thinking activities and “superstars” projects to help further challenge and motivate students.